Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Parable about a Blind Leading the Blind

Jesus gave the parable: 

  1. "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit?" (Luk 6:39). 
  2. "The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher." (Luk 6:40).

This is all about discipleship. 

Luk 6:39: 
If I'm looking for someone to disciple me, I obviously shouldn't be trying to find someone who is dealing with the same issues I'm struggling with. As a disciple, I want someone in my life will challenge and encourage me, and who can show me how to win in areas of my life where I struggle. I shouldn't try to find someone to lead me who has the same blindness as me. I need someone who is open in that respect, who can show me what to do, what changes I need to make in my life.

Luk 6:40:
All who are fully trained will be like his teacher. I won't rise above the one who challenges me as my teacher. Therefore, 
I have to find someone who is better equipped than me. That's how we learn. There is always someone better equipped than me. We all need good examples to follow in our lives.

For information on other parables, see Jesus' Parables.